Saturday, April 24, 2010

Burkie Say What?

Alright, so I am new to this blogging thing. Really, I'm a fresh one. I don't even journal. ;) I hope you will bear with me as I get used to this. I figured if I spend half as much time blogging, filling up a webpage with my rambling thoughts, as I spend mindlessly reading and updating statuses on Facebook I could be pretty successful at this.

Well, maybe. Perhaps it would go over better if I wrote about things people were interested in reading, but I just don't know if I can do that. One: I am not really all that interesting. Two: Interesting things don't usually happen to me. I'll try though, to at least be expressive, jubilant, flamboyant, amusing... or just as easily frustrated.

You know what I really like right now? Photography. Yup! That's right, I like walking around with a camera and capturing embarassing moments for a lifetime (no really, that is one of the best parts!). When I can't make somebody look absolutely ridiculous, I strive for excellence in my photos. One of my favorite things is to make somebody who is doing something totally normal or totally ridiculous look amazing! Posing people to get the perfect picture is for sissies. I let the perfect picture come to me... :D Heh heh... okay, SOMETIMES I like to pose people, but honestly I am not experienced with it very much yet. I will get better. I hope.

I ordered a new lens... and I am basically salivating just thinking about getting it. It should be here Monday if everything goes well. -crosses fingers hopefully- I have been so inspired by Ree Drummond's blog website (www.thepioneerwoman.com) that not only have I decided to start my own blog, I also went out and purchased a 50mm EF 1.4 Autofocus lens. I'm going to have so much fun once I get this. It will be my third lens since buying my Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSi. I went kind of nutty and bought two lenses at the same time I got the camera body, but in all fairness one was the kit lens and in my mind it totally didn't count because it came with the camera. Plus, the other lens was discounted if I bought it right then. WINNER!

Maybe along the way in my photography journey I could teach you a few things I learn! That would be so super fun! Okay, all of that aside...


Yesterday it was all sprinkly rainy-like, and I was definitely loving it. I sat on my front porch with my camera, waiting for the water to stop slowly falling from the sky long enough for me to hunt for some water droplet pictures.
Now, I didn't want to venture far from home because it was sprinkling off and on all day in preperation for today's storm, but I did find some droplets that made some pictures I was (am) VERY proud of. It's actually a little ridiculous how proud I was (am) of these pictures. I have tons more, but I decided not to overdo it for my very first blog. I don't even know how much bandwidth I have for this thing. I should probably figure that out! Ha ha ha...

No comments:

Post a Comment